~To acquire knowledge, one must study.. but to acquire WISDOM one must observe..~
(Quotes from Marilyn vos Savant)

Sunday 21 July 2013

For Real? Yes, it is! (Part 1)

On Friday, 19th July 2013.. I had accompanied my friend, Miera Sazemi to pay a visit to one of her office mates house; Aireen, a Chinese lady. Aireen lives in Halaman Bukit Gambir area at USM Penang - cannot remember the exact name but it is an exclusive and expensive housing area. Talking to Aireen and her husband, it gave me deep desire and high determination to achieve the most important item listed for My Bucket List - FINANCIAL FREEDOM. Why so?

Hurm.. There were lots of things we shared and discussed during this short visit.. (actually Aireen just wanted to hand over farewell gifts to Miera since it's her last day internship at Agilent..). Nevertheless, this short meeting had opened up my mind towards undeniable truth.. Towards current life reality..

Reality 1 :

There are many unfortunate lives who are suffering poverty, starvation and lack of education in our country. Let me share with you.. A reality.. Aireen and her husband are very active in social service. Recently, they just went to visit a rural village deep down a jungle in Baling, Kedah.. (can't recall the place name..) There are around 300 villagers and the 'Tok Ketua' age is only in early 50 but he already had lots of grow-up grandchildren. Aireen said that the village is far away from the nearest town and they seldom travel out. Their luxurious transportation is motorbike. So bad.. It seems that the children was not getting any formal education. The villagers' life span were not exceeding 70 years old, death is also common among teenagers and children. Perhaps due to lack of hygiene and health inspection or treatment. Luckily, the village just got the electricity supplied by government.

Reality 2 :

Around Aireen's home area, there were only about 10 Malay Muslims house.. which I don't think it represents an estimate amount of 10% over total house owners. (Not really a fact - should I do a thorough research?) The figures are not the main point. What I want to highlight is that, most Muslims mainly Malays cannot afford to live in such expensive and exclusive housing area. This theory is not only applicable for Penang Island, but through out entire Malaysia. A reality, right?

I'm not criticizing the government people nor do I am a racist. All I want to share is my passion to change my current condition and life reality. Share about my dream and career path to be. That's it and hopefully, you.. yes, you.. My friend, hopefully you'll be inspired to do so and together we make a difference.

Back to main point.. ACHIEVING FINANCIAL FREEDOM.. What, why and how?

(To be continued in Part II)

2 comments:

  1. nice story!!
    there are lot of good point.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that you ms. miera ssi? komawoyo chingu ya.. =D

    ReplyDelete

WORLD OF WISDOM : NAZMY ZAKI COPYRIGHT